- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Mazola® Canola Oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup psyllium fiber husk
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds, raw and shelled
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter, oil and sugars until smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl blend together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, psyllium fiber and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon until dough forms. Stir in hemp seeds and chocolate chips until evenly mixed.
- To achieve evenly sized cookies try using a cookie scoop, or a rounded tablespoon, placing 12 spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, evenly spaced apart. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden in colour. Remove from oven; allow to cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Best eaten same day or stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days, if you can resist them that long!
TIP** This recipe can easily be converted into a vegan cookie. Substitute the butter for vegan margarine and substitute the semi-sweet chocolate chips with vegan chocolate chips, replace the eggs with 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of warm water and leave to thicken for 5 minutes.