- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Combine flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, ginger, orange peel, soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with 2 knives or pastry blender until particles are fine. Beat together egg and buttermilk in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and toss with fork to mix thoroughly.
- Divide dough into 2 parts. Turn each half onto a heavily floured board. Knead lightly with floured hands 4 to 6 times.
- Pat in a circle 1/2 inch thick.Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each wedge with remaining sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Serve with honey butter or jelly.