- 1 box (2 layer size) German chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and 1/2 cup butter in a bowl until well blended. Firmly press evenly into ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until set.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 cup butter and vanilla in a large bowl with a wire whisk until blended. Stir in pecans, chips and coconut. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack; then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into bars; store in refrigerator.
Recipe Tip: If using a glass or ceramic pan, bake at 325°F.