- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Heat water and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining all-purpose flour to make soft dough. (1 to 2 tablespoons additional flour may be added if dough is difficult to handle.) Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons melted butter in bottoms of each of three 9-inch round or 8-inch square baking pans or any combination of three of these pans. (*See note below for more pan options). Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons brown sugar mixture over butter in each pan. Set pans and remaining brown sugar mixture aside.
- Roll dough to 18 x 11-inch rectangle. Spread softened butter over dough. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar mixture evenly over butter on one long half of the dough. Fold dough over sugar mixture pinching seams together. Cut dough into 18 to 21 (3/4 to 1-inch thick) strips. Twist doubled strips several times, stretching dough slightly. Arrange twists in prepared pans, beginning along the edge of pan placing twists end to end forming a spiral. (Twists do not need to touch; they will rise and touch one another during baking.) Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; invert pans onto serving trays.