- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Right Blend Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1 small red onion, sliced in rings
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Right Blend Oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 jar (6 ounces) artichoke hearts, well drained and chopped
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, well drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat water and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into dry ingredients. Stir in basil, oregano and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- While dough rests, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet and sauté onion rings until softened. Set aside for topping.
- Divide dough into 8 equal portions; form each into smooth ball. Roll each ball to 4-inch round. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Use a wooden spoon to make indentations in dough at 1-1/2-inch intervals. Brush focaccia evenly with 2 tablespoons oil. Top each with cheese, artichokes, olives, mushrooms and sautéed onions, dividing evenly. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 to 22 minutes, or until done. Serve immediately.
Note: Focaccia can be reheated in 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes. If needed, cover loosely with foil to prevent additional browning.