- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture slowly and beat on low speed until a stiff dough forms. For easier handling, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Frost and decorate with your favourite icings and sprinkles.