- 1-1/3 cups warm water (100º to 110ºF)
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place water in large bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add 3/4 cup whole wheat flour; stir until smooth. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until light and spongy, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir sponge down; add honey, oil, salt, and 1 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; remove to lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Beginning at short end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, in greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Cover with foil if bread is getting too dark. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.