1 tablespoon butter
2 cups Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
4 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups light cream
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
6 tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Line a 13×9-inch pan with foil and generously butter with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT vanilla in a large 6 to 8-quart pan.
- Boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until temperature reaches 244°F. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan. (Do not scrape sides of bowl).
- Cool to room temperature. Invert cooled caramel onto a cutting board and remove foil.
- Cut into 1-inch squares. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe suggestion: Try adding 2 cups of finely crushed nuts.