- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned oats (optional)
- Combine 1/2 cup oats, honey, butter, salt and boiling water in a large mixer bowl. Cool mixture about 5 to 10 minutes, until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast and egg. Beat for 30 seconds with electric mixer to combine. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups flour to make a stiff batter. Spoon into greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oats, if desired. Cover and let rise 45 to 60 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.