- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 18 (2-1/2 inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add sugar and beat 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended, then corn syrup and vanilla.
- Sift or whisk flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt together. Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing after each addition until combined. Portion batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until cupcakes are light golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
TIP: For simple and elegant individual berry shortcakes, serve cupcakes topped with whipped cream and fresh berries.