- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Bread Booster
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- For greasing, 1 tablespoon Mazola® Canola Oil
- Extra flour for dusting
- In a bowl, mix flour and booster together, set aside. Pour water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle in yeast and let rest for 5 minutes. Add sugar, butter, salt, egg, 2 cups flour and booster; mix for 2 minutes using the paddle attachment, scraping sides occasionally. Knead in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat the top. Cover; let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Remove to a very lightly floured surface; divide into 8 equal pieces. Form each piece into a smooth ball. Flatten balls to 4-inch rounds. Using a Kaiser roll stamp, firmly press into dough without (but almost) cutting completely through. Place rolls, stamped side down, on a greased baking sheet, about 2 to 3 inches apart. Let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 20 minutes. Turn rolls over so the stamped side is now UP. For a more obvious indentation, carefully re-stamp before baking. Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Remove from the baking sheet; let cool on a wire rack.
- Recipe Tip: Don't have a Kaiser roll stamp? Simply roll each portion of dough into a 12-inch rope. For each roll, tie the rope into a loose knot. You will have a "tail" on either side of the knot. Begin with the tail on the top; wrap it underneath the knot, then push it through the hole (in the center). Bring the lower tail over the top of the knot and push it down through the same hole. Once formed, the roll will be a knot that will look the same on top and bottom. Repeat with remaining portions to form all 8 rolls. Place on baking sheets and let rise and bake, as directed above.