CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare cream cheese pastry, cream together butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer. Beat in salt. Gradually add flour and beat just until combined. Shape pastry dough into two balls; chill for at least 20 to 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into 60 small balls. Press each one into bottoms and up sides of 1-3/4 x 1-inch muffin cups.
- To prepare pecan filling, beat eggs slightly with a fork in medium bowl. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, bourbon, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon pecans into each pastry-lined cup; top with about 1 tablespoon filling mixture.
- Bake tarts at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cake tester inserted in center of tart comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans using a thin knife and cool completely on wire racks.
- Store in tightly covered container. If desired, just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar.