- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray fluted tube pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl; mix well, set aside.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer at medium speed until eggs are frothy and pale yellow, about 1 minute. Add sugar, oil, milk, lemon zest and almond extract; continue mixing for 1 minute. Stir in flour mixture using a spoon or rubber spatula just until flour is moistened. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack to cool.
- Whisk sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm cake. Serve with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Store covered.