- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- To Make CRUST: Mix butter, brown sugar and vanilla using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch ungreased spring form pan.
- Bake at 350?F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450?F.
- To Make FILLING: Whisk sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and eggs in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thick . Stir in sour cream and butter. Immediately pour over hot crust.
- To Make MERINGUE: Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Mound meringue evenly over warm filling, spreading to edges of pan.
- Bake at 450?F for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.