- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups hazelnut or almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup jam, for filling
- Powdered sugar, to finish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg & vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Sift in the flours, baking powder, salt, orange zest & nutmeg. Beat until dough comes together.
- Shape into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap & refrigerate until firm. Once dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees & line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Using your favourite cookie cutter shape, cut out dough & place 1/2 inch apart on the baking tray. Using an extra small cookie cutter, cut out a hole in half of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Let cool before filling with jam & dusting with powdered sugar.