- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light OR dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (see TIP below)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oats, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk together oil, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, egg and vanilla in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture until blended. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes until lightly browned around edges. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
TIP: Experiment with different mix-ins instead of dried cranberries. Pick one: 1/2 cup chopped apples,1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chopped nuts OR1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (omit cinnamon if using chocolate chips). NOTE: Using chocolate chips or nuts will slightly increase fat content of cookies.