- 2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat water, maple syrup and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg, sugar and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 12-inch square. Brush with melted butter. Combine remaining Pecan Filling ingredients; spread with 1 cup of the filling. Roll up tightly as for jelly roll; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 (1-inch) pieces. Flatten and roll each piece to 6-inch circle using remaining Pecan Filling in place of flour on surface to prevent sticking. Turn each piece during rolling to coat top and bottom. Place on large, well greased baking sheets. Do not let rise.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from baking sheet immediately after baking; place on wire racks to cool.