- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon maple flavour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For CRUST: Beat flour, butter, powdered sugar and salt together in a large bowl with mixer at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. (Baking pan must be at least 1 inch deep; pan will be full.)
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until edges of crust are golden. Prepare filling while crust is baking.
- For FILLING: Beat eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, flour, maple extract and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in walnuts. Pour over hot crust; spread evenly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack; cut into bars.