- 3 cups (750mL) broccoli florets
- 3 cups (750mL) cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces (250g) mushrooms, sliced OR small whole button mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet green or red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250mL) Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 cup (250mL) Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 cup (125mL) vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50mL) diced onion
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) poppy seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Combine in a large bowl the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and green pepper. Whisk together in a small bowl the corn syrup, oil, vinegar, onion, poppy seeds and salt.
- Pour corn syrup mixture over vegetables; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 2 days. Stir occasionally. (May also be marinated in freezer bag.)
- To serve, drain marinade.