- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fleischmann's® Corn Starch and fine granulated sugar to roll mixture in
- Combine gelatin and cold water in a small saucepan; let stand 5 minutes to soften gelatin.
- Place saucepan over low heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour corn syrup in a large bowl (3-4 quart) of electric mixer. Add vanilla and gelatin mixture, and beat about 15 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and of a marshmallow consistency.
- Thoroughly cover the bottom of 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch pan with equal parts of corn starch and fine granulated sugar.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the pan and smooth off the top with a knife.
- Let stand in a cool place (not refrigerated) until well set, about 1 hour.
- To remove from the pan, loosen around the edges with a knife and invert over a board sprinkled lightly with equal parts of corn starch and fine granulated sugar.
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife moistened with cold water.
- Roll each marshmallow in equal parts of corn starch and fine granulated sugar. Makes about one pound.