- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 (2-1/4/ tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°F)
- Additional cornmeal
- Mix together 3 cups flour, cornmeal, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a mixer bowl. Add ghee and water until well mixed. Add additional flour until dough form a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover and let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a ball and then flatten into 5-inch disks. Place on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prick each loaf several times with fork. Sprinkle tops of loaves with additional cornmeal.
- Bake for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 15 minutes or until loaves are crusty and golden brown.
Recipe Tip: Melted butter can be substituted for the ghee.