- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1/4 cup warm tomato juice (100° to 110°F)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons undrained, canned green chilies
- Dissolve yeast in tomato juice in a small bowl or measuring cup. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes to foam.
- Combine sour cream, egg, sugar, onions, salt, yeast mixture and 1 cup flour in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add remaining flour and beat until well combined; dough will be sticky. Stir in cheese and chilies.
- Place dough in a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft free place for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. If bread is over-browning, cover with foil.