- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Irish cream beverage flavoring
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut beverage flavoring
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream beverage flavouring
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut beverage flavouring
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in small bowl. Let rest 5 minutes. Heat milk, butter and sugar until warm (100° to 110°F) but butter won't all melt. Pour into large mixer bowl with yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat for 2 minutes. Add eggs, buttermilk, mashed potatoes, salt, vanilla and 1 cup flour. Beat for 2 minutes. Gradually add flour until a soft dough forms. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (about 8 to 10 minutes). Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover.
- Let rise in a warm, draft-free area about 1 hour, until doubled in size. Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll one portion of dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12 x 18-inch rectangle. Spread with half the butter. Combine sugars, beverage flavourings and hazelnuts; sprinkle half of the mixture over surface. Roll up tightly lengthwise, sealing edges. Cut into 12 slices. Place in greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover. Let rise 30 to 45 minutes until nearly doubled.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over rolls.