- 2-1/2 to 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup quick OR old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon quick OR old fashioned oats (optional)
- Combine 1 cup bread flour, oats, brown sugar, undissolved yeast, salt and cinnamon in large mixer bowl. Heat water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough to 12 x 7-inch rectangle. Beginning at short end of rectangle, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, in greased 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- If desired, gently brush top of loaf with cold water and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oats.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.