- 1/2 cup lightly brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with cooking parchment; spray with cooking spray.
- Beat sugars, oil and corn syrup in large mixing bowl on medium until combined.
- Add egg white, water and extracts; beat until smooth. Stir in oats.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to oat mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Drop dough by round teaspoonful 3 inches apart on baking sheets. With a spoon or fork dipped in water, flatten each cookie into a 1-1/2-inch circle.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned, watching carefully.
- Let cool on cooking parchment until slightly warm; using a pancake turner or spatula, remove cookies from cooking parchment.
- For flat cookies, let cool completely on cooling rack. If curved cookies are desired, drape slightly warm cookies over rounded form such as a narrow rolling pin or the handle of a wooden spoon set across 2 cups and let cool completely.
- Freeze leftover cookies in an airtight container. (In warm, humid weather, the cookies quickly pick up moisture from the air.)
Tip: If these cookies are underbaked, they will be sticky. However, be careful not to overbake or they will scorch and be very chewy. The cooking parchment makes it easy to remove the cookies from the baking sheets.