- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk, (100° to 110°F)
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Dissolve yeast in water, stirring well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Mix whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, salt and soda together in large mixing bowl. Blend in buttermilk and yeast mixture; blend in oil and honey. Continue to mix on low speed using dough hook, adding more of remaining all-purpose flour, until dough is elastic and smooth. (If making without a dough hook, add only as much flour as needed, then knead until smooth and elastic on lightly floured surface, adding more flour as necessary).
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat surface; cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down.
- Roll dough about 3/8-inch thick on lightly floured surface. Using floured 3-inch round cutter, cut rolls into circles. Crease slightly off-center with sharp knife; brush with melted butter. Fold in half; overlapping top over bottom. Place on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake rolls on center rack of preheated 400°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.