- 1/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 pint fresh blueberries OR frozen blueberries, thawed and well drained
Almond Honey Butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
Almond Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Dissolve yeast in water in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Combine flour, almonds, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, lemon peel and salt in a large (4-quart) bowl. Beat eggs, buttermilk and oil in a medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- To make Almond Honey Butter, combine butter and honey; stir in almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make Almond Whipped Cream, beat cream in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar. Fold in almond extract. Do not prepare in advance.
- To make pancakes, heat griddle over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cup onto griddle. Sprinkle top of each pancake with blueberries. Flip pancakes when bubbles form on top of pancake and bottom is browned, about 4 minutes. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until pancake is done.
- Serve with Almond Honey Butter and Almond Whipped Cream.