- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fresh peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- Dissolve yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in warm water in a medium bowl. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, until foamy. Add 1 cup flour and stir until smooth. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free area for 30 to 45 minutes until double.
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar for two minutes in a large mixer bowl. Gradually add eggs, vanilla and salt; beat until well blended. Stir in yeast mixture and remaining 1 cup flour. Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free area 1-1/2 hours until double.
- Stir together peaches and sugar; distribute evenly over dough. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 20 to 30 minutes. Best served warm.