- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Beat peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and egg in a large bowl with mixer until smooth. Reduce speed; beat in 1 cup flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Beat in remaining 1 cup flour.
- Divide dough in half. Between two sheets of waxed paper on large cookie sheets, press each half of dough a scant 1/4-inch thick using the palm of your hand or a rolling pin. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove top piece of waxed paper. Cut dough into shapes with floured 2-inch cookie cutters. (Re-roll dough trimmings and cut). Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake. Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks. Decorate as desired.