- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine pineapple, brown sugar and corn starch in a medium saucepan. Cook on stovetop until thick. Cool.
- Whisk together corn syrup and egg in a small bowl. Stir in shredded coconut. Set aside.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and corn starch in a large mixer bowl. Add butter and vanilla. Blend on medium speed until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 ball in each of 30 greased mini muffin cups; press in bottom and up sides of each cup.
- Fill cups with 1 teaspoon of pineapple mixture. Top with 1 teaspoon of coconut mixture. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 24 to 26 minutes or until crusts are very light golden brown. Cool. Remove from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.