- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black medium grind pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red and green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, milk powder, undissolved yeast, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano in a large bowl. Heat water and butter until very warm (120° to 130° F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in onion, peppers and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover, let rest 10 minutes.
- Punch dough down; knead in pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms and cheese. Divide dough into 16 equal pieces; shape into balls. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Mix Egg Glaze ingredients with a fork in a small bowl: brush on rolls. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until done. Remove from sheets; serve warm.