- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 to 4 cups fresh fruit such as sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, etc...
- Whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 14-inch pizza pan (with sides) with cooking spray.
- Cake: Combine cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping sides of bowl until batter is very thick. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until firm in center. Loosen edges with a thin spatula; cool cake in pan.
- Sauce: Mix sugar, corn starch, water and egg yolk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil (about 6 to 8 minutes); reduce heat and continue stirring until very thick.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and butter until smooth. Pour lemon sauce over center of cake and spread evenly just to the edges.
- Top with fresh fruit. Cool for 15 minutes. Serve with whipped topping, if desired.