- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups cubed (1-inch) day old baguette bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle of oven. Whisk together cream, pumpkin, milk, syrup, eggs, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Toss bread cubes with melted butter in another bowl, then add pumpkin mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish and bake until custard is set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring frequently; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, bourbon and vanilla. Serve warm with bread pudding.