- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick OR old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk OR sour milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons (divided) Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, optional
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a second bowl, whisk together milk, pumpkin, 1 tablespoon oil and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add the pumpkin mixture. Stir until blended, but a bit lumpy.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet, tilting pan to coat surface.
- Once pan is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Place a few blueberries on each pancake, if desired. Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges are slightly dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
Recipe Note: These pancakes are a great way to use any milk that has gone sour. No buttermilk or sour milk? Make your own by measuring 2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice into a measuring cup. Fill to the 2/3 mark with milk and let sit for 10 minutes.