For the dough
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8g) packet Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped (optional)
- Grease and line a 9" x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl of stand mixer with beater attachment. In a microwave safe bowl, warm the milk and butter, microwave on HIGH in 15-second increments until very warm, but not hot to the touch (120º to 130ºF, butter does not need to be completely melted), add to dry ingredients, begin mixing on low speed, then add in the pumpkin pie filling and beaten egg, beat until combined 2 minutes. Switch to dough hook and knead the dough for 5 minutes on low speed. Transfer dough to a lightly greased bowl and let rise covered until doubled in size about 45 minutes, up to 2 hours depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- Once doubled in size, turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, roll into a 16"x 12 rectangle with the long side facing you. Spread dough with softened butter. In a bowl mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves together, sprinkle evenly on top of butter layer. Cut the 16 (long side) into 4- 4 wide strips, stack strips on top of each other, cut the stack into 6 equal strips, about 2 wide each. Youll be left with stacks of 4x 2 wide pieces, arrange stacks in your loaf pan standing upright. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Place pan on middle rack in preheated 350°F oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Combine frosting ingredients in a small bowl, beat until smooth, drizzle over warm loaf.
- Best served warm. Keeps for a couple days when leftovers are wrapped well.