- 3 ½ - 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons, split in half
- 2 ¼ tsp of dry active yeast
- 1 cup of milk
- 6 tbsp of cubed butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 cup of raspberry jam
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tbsp of whole milk
- 2 tbsp of raspberry jam
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan heat milk over medium low heat until warm to the touch, approx 110°F. Add to the bowl of a stand mixer, along with 2 tbsp of sugar and yeast. Stir and let sit until foamy, approx. 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sugar with ½ of the lemon zest and set aside.
- In another bowl combine flour with salt and set aside.
- Add the lemon sugar and egg to the yeast mixture and whisk to combine.
- Attach the dough hook to the stand mixer and mix at medium low speed. Add flour mixture ½ cup at a time. Turn speed up to medium and knead for 3 minutes.
- Add butter 1 cube at a time, until fully incorporated
- Beat on medium high speed for 8 minutes. The dough should be tacky and smooth. Pour out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough into a ball. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rest in a warm place until doubled in size, approx. 1 hour.
- Pour dough onto lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a 20”x15” rectangle. Spread the raspberry jam on top, leaving a 1” border all around. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest evenly over top.
- Starting at the longer end, roll up into a tight log and pinch the ends.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake form. Carefully take your log and spiral in your log to fill the form, gently press to fill any gaps. Cover and let rise in a warm place until the dough rises to just under the top of the form, approx 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Cover with aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack while you prepare your glaze.
- In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and whisk to combine. Glaze should be the consistency of thick paint. Add more sugar or milk to get to the proper consistency if needed.
- Drizzle glaze onto completely cooled cake and top with fresh raspberries and lemon zest.