- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 1 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauce: Combine brown sugar, water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- Cake: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Combine milk, melted butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add liquid ingredients to the flour mixture; blend quickly.
- Spread cake batter in a 13x9-inch cake pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with rhubarb. Pour sauce over top but do NOT mix into the batter. Sprinkle pecans over the liquid.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until the center bubble up. Serve warm. Top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.