- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Chocolate buttercream, for frosting
- Candy eyes, for decorating
- Red candy chocolate or gummy, for decorating
- Mini pretzels, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Line a 12 tin cupcake tray with parchment wrappers.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the raw sugar, oil, egg, vanilla & milk.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder & salt until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the boiling water until a silky smooth batter is formed.
- Evenly divide batter amongst the prepared cupcake tray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the top bounces back to touch.
- Let cool before frosting. When ready to decorate, pipe with a swirl of chocolate buttercream.
- Finish with 2 candy eyes, 2 pretzels for antlers & 1 red candy for the nose.