- 1-1/4 cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Traditional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- Place 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Add remaining water, honey, butter, and salt. Slowly stir in 3/4 cup all-purpose flour and rye flour; blend well. Stir in remaining flour and caraway seed to make a stiff batter. Cover; let rest 20 minutes. Stir batter down; turn into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.