- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Yeast OR Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130°F)*
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces fresh Italian sausage
- 1/2 to 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Cover while preparing toppings.
- Cook Italian sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat; drain fat. Crumble and set aside.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with sausage, cheese and sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.