- 1 cup Crown® Lily White® or Golden Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Candies for decorating
- Frosting OR melted white chocolate for decorating
- Food coloring
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into greased 15 x 10-inch pan and pat into place.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars or fun shapes for Halloween. If desired, pipe frosting to form Halloween shapes or words.
- Decorating Ideas: Pumpkins: Cut circles using a 2 to 3-inch biscuit cutter. Pipe on orange frosting for the body and attach candies with a dab of melted white chocolate or use black frosting gel to make eyes, nose and mouth. Mummies: Cut into bars or circles. Drizzle or pipe white frosting back and forth horizontally and finish with two candy eyes. Tombstones: Cut into bars, cutting off upper corners diagonally. Pipe frosting to make shapes or words on each tombstone. TIP: Tombstones will easily stand upright if the bottom of each is coated with frosting. Spiders: Cut into bars, use black liquorish to form the body and legs. Pipe colored frosting to add more details to the body and finish off with two candy eyes.