- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- Powdered Sugar Glaze, optional
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large bowl. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130° F). Gradually add to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator; divide into 2 equal pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece to 20 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread rectangles evenly with Walnut Filling to within 1-1/2 inches of edges. Beginning at long side, roll up tightly as for jelly roll; pinch seams to seal. Form each into a coil, tucking end under. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until done. Remove from sheets; cool on wire rack. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze, if desired.
- In a saucepan, combine walnuts, 1/4 cup milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form in a medium bowl. Gradually add 1 cup sugar; beat until stiff. Fold into walnut mixture until well blended.
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
- In a bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough milk to reach desired consistency.