- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package sloppy Joe seasoning mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (OR substitute 1 cup whole wheat flour for 1 cup all-purpose)
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 1 tablespoon Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/3 cup dill pickle slices, well drained and coarsely chopped
- Prepare ground beef with sloppy Joe seasoning and tomato paste according to package directions. Set aside. About half the sloppy Joe meat will be used. Refrigerate the remaining meat for another use.
- While meat is cooking, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl. Add water and oil; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Add remaining 1-1/4 cups flour and pickles; beat until well mixed. Dough will be stiff yet sticky. Cover bowl and let rest 10 minutes.
- Portion about 2 tablespoons dough into 12 (2-1/2 inch) generously greased muffin cups using a scoop or two spoons (do not use paper liners).
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of sloppy Joe meat on top. Cover sloppy Joe meat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise 25 to 35 minutes. Dough will rise, but not double in size.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes until well browned. Let cool on wire rack for 2 minutes. Run a knife around each roll to remove from pan. Serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Freezer Instructions: Completely cool fluffins and place in an airtight container to freeze. Thaw in the refrigerator. Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds and serve immediately.