- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (2-1/4 tsp.) envelope Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- Whole white sesame seeds OR poppy seed
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in large mixer bowl. Heat sour cream, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into flour mixture. Stir in 1 egg and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; roll each piece into smooth ball. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place 20 minutes.
- With scissors, make 6 (3/4-inch-deep) snips, from top to bottom, around outside edge of each roll. Beat remaining egg; brush on rolls. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seed. Bake at 400°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet; let cool on wire rack.