- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon maple flavour
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons Beehive® OR Crown® Golden Syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Prepare angel food cake according to package instructions. Fold in pumpkin pie spice and maple flavoring after batter is completely mixed.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, using a spatula to eliminate any large air bubbles.. Bake on lowest oven rack according to package instructions. Cool inverted for at least one hour. Remove from pan and drizzle with Pecan Pie Icing.
- Icing: Heat butter and pecans in a medium saucepan. Heat until butter is browned and pecans are lightly toasted. Remove from heat and immediately add corn syrup. Stir well and add milk, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake. If frosting is too thick, add a small amount of additional milk.