- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Fleischmann's® Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 4 - 6 each strawberries, rinsed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cupcake pan with liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl, beat in vanilla.
- Spoon in flour mixture and milk to the batter, alternating between the two. Divide batter evenly among cupcake pan, about three -quarters full. Bake cupcakes for 10 minutes and rotate the pan, bake additional 10 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and have a slight spring back to touch. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- Frosting: Pour the cream into a well-chilled bowl and add the icing sugar. Using an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk, beat the cream to the desired consistency. For soft peaks, the cream will be just thick enough to hold its shape in soft billows. For stiffly beaten cream, the beaters or whisk wires will leave distinct traces on the cream and stand in firm peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Once cooled decorate cupcakes with whip cream and fresh strawberries.