- 1 pound (3-1/2 to 4 cups) chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Fleischmann's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup quick OR old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Stir rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, corn starch, nutmeg, almond extract and corn syrup together in a large bowl, until fruit is well coated. Transfer to a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish with higher sides (at least 2-1/2 inches high).
- Combine oats, brown sugar and flour in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until rhubarb is tender and sauce is thickened and bubbling around the edges.
**Recipe Note: Frozen rhubarb can be substituted. Thaw completely and blot with paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible. Extend baking time to 1 hour, 10 minutes.
Recipe Note: If baking in individual casseroles, reduce bake time to 30 to 45 minutes.