- 1 cup butter OR margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Parchment paper
- Colored sugar for decorating
- Beat margarine, sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice and egg in large bowl with mixer at medium speed until well blended. Gradually add flour and salt; beat until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate at least at least 1 hour, until dough is easy to handle.
- Preheat oven 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one third at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Decorate as desired with colored sugar.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Store in tightly covered containers.