- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 (4-1/2 tsp.) envelopes Fleischmann's® Quick Rise Yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates, optional
Powdered Sugar Glaze (recipe follows)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, spices, and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat milk, water and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup dates for bunnys eyes. Knead remaining dates into dough, if desired. Divide dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll each to 24-inch rope. Divide each rope into 1 (13-inch), 1 (6-inch), 2 (2-inch), and 1 (1-inch) strips. Coil 13-inch strip to make body; coil 6-inch strip to make head. Attach head to body; pinch to seal. Shape 2 (2-inch) strips into ears and remaining 1-inch strip into tail. Attach to body and head. Place on 2 greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks. Drizzle with Powdered Sugar Glaze. Insert reserved date pieces for eyes.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.