Sweet Potato Pudding
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes*
- 1/2 cup Crown® Lily White® Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pecan Streusel Topping
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sweet potatoes with syrup, brown sugar, sugar, butter and eggs in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Blend in milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until pudding is puffed and set.
- Combine all struesel ingredients in medium mixing bowl until well mixed. Sprinkle topping over pudding during last 15 minutes of baking.
*Recipe Note: To make mashed sweet potatoes, peel and cut 2 to 2-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes into 2-inch chunks. Place in a saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Drain off water and mash in a mixer or food processor to get a smooth consistency. Cool before using.